Tips for fresh, clear skin even during the harsh winter months

(ARA) – Cold temperatures and dry air can make it difficult to keep your skin clear, hydrated and looking beautiful during the winter months. After dealing with the pain and embarrassment, the last thing you want to do is to head into spring with dry skin and breakouts.

With these easy winter skin care tips, you’ll feel more confident and proud to show off your clear, beautiful skin:

* Don’t scrub dry, sensitive skin during the winter months. According to the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), skin is drier than normal during the cold months and vigorous washing can irritate skin, making issues like acne even worse.

* For those who suffer from acne, try the MaxClarity Acne Management System to kill acne-causing bacteria beneath the skin and exfoliate dead and damaged skin cells. The system’s combination of benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid will promote new skin growth and let your healthy, clear skin shine through.

Made with VersaFoam technology, MaxClarity is a three-step process that includes:

– Deep cleanser that cleans and treats acne on the face, chest and back.

– Advanced acne treatment that dries quickly and fights acne during the day.

– Rejuvenating toner, a leave-on foam that exfoliates dead skin cells overnight to reveal a healthier, glowing complexion.

* Don’t assume you can trade the swimming pool for a tanning bed while it’s cold just because the sun isn’t shining. Continue to keep your skin healthy by avoiding UV radiation – indoor tanning can lead to premature skin aging according to the AAD.

* Be sure to use moisturizers when treating acne in winter months. In order to effectively treat your skin, dermatologists recommend gently washing your face first, applying acne medication and moisturizer and finally applying makeup.

Approaching your skin with gentle care during the cold, dry months is sure to help tackle your breakouts and allow you to happily expose your fresh skin just in time for warmer weather.