Your vote can help renovate the campus

Aggies, what if A&T could win a grant that would remodel our campus by simply showing Aggie Pride? Although they are historic landmarks for A&T, some buildings on campus could use renovations.

Here is the perfect solution, The Home Depot is now accepting votes online for their third annual Retool Your School contest.

The Home Depot Retool Your School contest is a campus improvement grant for HBCUS across the country.

This grant is designed to improve a school’s campus and facilities. A&T grows each year, and high school students across the country want the Aggie experience.

With more students comes less space, and Retool Your School would definitely help.

This year The Home Depot aims to help HBCUs by offering an additional grant to their previous two grants totaling up to over $190,000 to fund the winning HBCUs.

Just imagine what A&T could do with some of that money. The winner of Retool Your School Tier I will receive a grant of 50,000 dollars for the school’s campus and facilities, the additional Tier II grant winner receives a $10,000 grant that would help improve lawn care, general construction and much more.

A Campus Pride Grant in the amount of $25,000 will be awarded to the school that has the most votes as well as the most social media activity about The Home Depots, Retool Your School.

Aggies, there is still time to help. Voting for Retool Your School closes April 15.

Also check out what HBCUs are in the lead. Winners of Retool Your School will be announced to May 3. In the meantime, Aggies,go vote!

–Email [email protected] and follow us on Twitter @TheATRegister

• Kenyotta Boone, Contributor