Your Friends Aren’t Your Friends If…..

Often times, first time college students arrive on cam- pus and encounter what some refer to as “fake” or “two- faced” people. Below is a list of useful tips to differentiate your friends from your foes.

Tip 1: Your Friends Ain’t Your Friends If… They drag you out on a week night to the club, but don’t wake you up for your 8 o’clock class. (Your friends wouldn’t drag you out when they know you have to get up early in the morning for class. If they do, they should at least make sure you wake up on time).

Tip 2: Your Friends Ain’t Your Friends If… (for girls) They

don’t pull your hair back out of your face on those wild nights when you’re about to throw- up. (Ladies, we all love our hair, and on those crazy kick- back nights, we should be able to count on our girls to make sure our hair is vomit-free.)

Tip 3: Your Friends Ain’t Your Friends If… (for girls) They let you go the bathroom alone at a crowded house party or club. (Ladies, in these settings where there are a lot of intoxi- cated people around, it is never safe to go anywhere alone– in- cluding the bathroom. Your girls should either go to the restroom with you, or guard the door while you’re in it.)

Tip 4: Your Friends Ain’t Your Friends If… (for boys) They

won’t be your wingman for the Designated Ugly Fat Friend (DUFF). (Fellas, when you find a group of nice looking girls in the club, about half of them will have at least one DUFF for a friend. One of the fellas has to take the fall, and when they do, they’re the real MVP.)

Tip 5: Your Friends Ain’t Your Friends If… (for boys) They don’t tell you that your girl- friend is a THOT. (Guys, if you have that one friend who’s dating a girl that is known as a THOT, let your homie know! That’s Guy Code: 101)

Tip 6: Your Friends Ain’t Your Friends If… They don’t con- gratulate you when you make a good grade on a test or as- signment. (We all have that

one class that everyone knows you are struggling in. If they aren’t happy for you when they know you struggled to earn that B-, they ain’t your friends)

Tip 7: Your Friends Ain’t Your Friends If… They don’t sign your name on the roll. (During registration, most students sign up for classes they will know at least one person in. This allows them to feel more comfortable in the class, and gives them a person to rely on to sign them in when they can’t make it to class.)

Tip 8: Your Friends Ain’t Your Friends If… (for girls) They’re not Trained To Go (T.T.G.) when boys get too close on your friend. (Trained To Go means, when you are out at a club or party and a guy is getting too

close to your female friend, you are supposed to be able to grab your friend and get away! You have to be T.T.G. to save your friend when a guy is get- ting touchy. You also have to know your friends’ limits and have an idea for when they will begin to feel uncomfortable.)

Tip 9: Your Friends Ain’t Your Friends If… (for boys) They don’t tell you that your breath stinks, especially when they know you’re about to go talk to a girl. (Stinky breath lessens your chances of getting girls! Get a mint!)

Tip 10: Your Friends Ain’t Your Friends If… They don’t tell you how the group is going to look when they go out. (For both males and females, it is the

job of your group of friends, or “clique” to tell you how each other is going to dress. This is important so that everyone in the group can look on the same ac- cord, and no one is more dressed up or down than the other.)

In college you’re going to make friends; however, how those friends treat you is detri- mental to maintaining a healthy friendship throughout college. It’s always great to have friends, because like walls of a house sometimes it’s nice enough to know that they are always there.

Cornesha Rajah – Reporter

– Email Cornesha at rajahc3@ yahoo.com and follow her on Instagram @royalrajah