I’m going to miss it, but BYYYE

It is crazy how just yesterday I was moving into my dorm in Barbee Hall, and now I am giving my final words to the university, as I am embark to graduation on May 11. It has been a tremendous time here at N.C. A&T. To be honest, I am happy to graduate but so sad that I am leaving the university as an undergrad and moving into alum. 

Let’s be real about the situation, everyone bashes A&T, but I love it from the sometimes-good food in the café to the long nights in the A&T Register office. 

The individuals that I have met during my tenure here has been comedy everyday from natural hair editorials (Justine Riddick), random smart mouth remarks in rebel (Kash Schrivens), leaving to go play baseketball with his page half done (Kalyn Hoyle), Most Popular Girls in School references (Kourtney Pope), the endless late night dance moments (Courtney Matthews and Kayla McLaughlin) and the ditzy, diva squad Beyonce quotes and singing from Karmen Robinson. 

The people that I have interacted with here has provided me the best time in the classroom, university events and just chilling in the union. So this is a goodbye to the C-Store shawties,spazzing moments from my advisor, though she can write a bomb clutch recommendation letter and the many Back Dat A** Up strolls, I had a amazing time. 

It is amazing how time has flown over these four years and I am seeing the Greensboro Coliseum next weekend. I have created this “I Will Miss List” over this past semester.  In it I have listed what I am going to be mad about not having or seeing anymore.

Williams Dining Hall

Though the food on the first day, university day, parents weekend and homecoming are amazing and the rest of the time, a HIT OR MISS, the café will have my heart with the endless pink lemonade, ice cream and the tupperware ready wing nights. 

Crosby Hall

One building that has been my stomping ground since day one here at A&T. Crosby Hall has been the supporter, helper and motivator with the many professors and faculty that have helped me over the years. From red ink all over my first article, interviews with Diggy Simmons, Shelby J Day and Sheila E in the radio station and the constant pep talks and comedy from Ms. Hayes and Johnson. Crosby Hall has inspired me over the years.

My Organizations

IAMM (I Am Music and Media), Couture Productions, WNAA 90.1FM, The A&T Register, Eta chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Incorporated, supporter of PRSSA, National Association of Black Journalists and so much more, I have evolved as an individual within the work that I have put into these organizations. 

Daily talks with the chapter about programs and events and you cannot forget the LOOOOOOOOONG nights getting ready for the homecoming stepshow (winners of both in 2011 and 2012), modeling practices for shows has been fun and I cannot wait for next year. 

I remember my first article being ripped apart in my face by Dexter Mullins (former Editor-in-Chief) and ever since, I have worked like a dog to make sure that the A&T Register is filled with quality content every week. From a contributor to arts and entertainment editor, online editor and now the outgoing Editor-in-Chief, I can say that I have left my mark and legacy in GCB room 328A. 

I can say the long nights getting pages done, the at first good and now horrible Papa John’s Pizza and the many arguments and fun times with the staff, contributors and advisor. Over the past four years, the newspaper has helped my writing, communication, networking, and determination for a journalism career.

With so many endeavors here at A&T, I am proud to be walking across that stage on May 11 knowing that I left my mark and developed a brand of my own on this campus. 

I say “you tried it” to those who do not take their college years seriously. You must understand that the best time of your life can end so quickly.

So yeah, time to go and see you at homecoming as an alum.

-Email us at theatregister @gmail.com and follow The A&T Register on Twitter @TheATRegister

• Erik Veal, Editor-in-Chief