Cheap flights to Boston: The start of a great vacation

Finding fun summer vacation trips for the family can be challenging, but also very rewarding if done right. One way to get the most bang for your buck is to see as many cities as you can on one vacation. The easiest way to do that is by heading to the East Coast.

With cities like Boston, New York and Washington, D.C., you have three options that offer endless possibilities of things to see and do – whether you’re a foodie, sports fan or culture enthusiast. If seeing amazing museums or historical sites are what you look for, these are three cities that offer some of the best in the country.

A cost-effective way to see these cities is by looking for cheap flights to Boston. Once you get there, there’s no shortage of things to see and do – and since it is where American democracy started, the historical sites are a wonderful place to begin.

The Freedom Trail is a 2 1/2-mile long red-brick walking trail that leads you to 16 nationally significant historic sites – a unique collection of museums, churches, meeting houses, burial grounds, parks and historic markers that tell the story of the American Revolution and the country’s earliest days.

The Bunker Hill Monument is a 221-foot granite obelisk that marks the site of the first major battle of the American Revolution between the more experienced and well-trained British soldiers and the newly formed Colonial army. The monument was built over a 20-year period in the mid-1800s.

After Boston, see what New York vacation packages are available. There’s enough to see and do in New York to make it a week-long trip in itself, so making it a theme trip is a great way to see a lot without getting overwhelmed.

If museums are your thing, some of the most famous in the world are in New York City. Walk along Museum Mile – a 22-block stretch of 5th Avenue from 82nd Street to 104th Street – which offers nine museum experiences, including the Guggenheim and the four-block-long Metropolitan Museum of Art.

If you prefer a more modern art experience, the Museum of Modern Art offers a six-floor extravaganza of art and sculptures from the likes of Picasso, Monet, Pollock and Warhol, to name just a few.

When you’re ready to leave New York, you’ll find that there are no shortages of cheap flights to Washington DC. There, you have the National Zoo and the Smithsonian Institution and its 19 museums, including the Air and Space Museum, National History Museum, African American History and Culture Museum, and the American History Museum. Most of the museums are conveniently located on the National Mall near the White House, the Capitol Building, the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial and many of the popular sights.

Once you head to the East Coast, you’ll find there’s no shortage of things to see and do. Make sure you plan ahead to avoid getting too overwhelmed once you get there.