How to train safely and avoid injuries

(ARA) – Working out, exercising, training, conditioning – it all puts stress on your body as you stretch, tone and build your muscles.

But these stresses could cause you injury and pain, especially if you do an exercise incorrectly, or push your body too hard.

Hiring a certified or personal trainer to help you develop a workout can really help you achieve your goals – safely. Here are some situations in which a certified trainer could come in handy.

* Training for a specific sport – A certified trainer knows you need to develop strength and flexibility in specific muscles and areas of your body for different sports. Having a trainer will help you to target those muscles with unique workouts.

* Losing weight – Losing weight is hard to do by yourself. It’s difficult to keep motivated, and if you were to become injured, the setbacks could be tremendous. Hiring a personal trainer who gives you encouragement, keeps you focused on your goal and provides you with healthy methods for losing weight can make the process a lot easier.

One of the newest exercise trends is exercising with hula hoops, and Sports Hoop Inc. is holding a certified trainer program, providing you with the knowledge and tools needed to facilitate your own class. Using Sports Hoops can energize your body, empower your self confidence, help you to relieve stress, strengthen your core muscles, assist in losing weight and slim your waistline.

* Toning muscles – Get Michele Obama’s arms or abs like “The Situation” from “Jersey Shore.” If you’re going for a specific toned look, a trainer can help you target those specific areas of your body.

* Training for a special event – If you are planning to participate in a long run, swim, hike or need to get into shape for a certain kind of physical event, a trainer will help you prepare safely so you are in the best shape possible at the time of the event.

Getting into shape and helping your body to stay healthy is great, but make sure you train safely so you don’t get sidelined by an injury.