Five fabulous finds that won’t put your kitchen budget on the chopping block

(ARA) – No matter if your cooking style is elaborate like Julia Child or quick and simple like Rachael Ray, there are few items in your kitchen that you shouldn’t live without. Add these five affordable finds to your kitchen and you’ll be cooking with class in no time.

Quality cookware

When it comes to cooking, you can’t get far without a cookware set, and luckily there is something for every budget. Be sure you have the four basic pans: a 5-quart sauce pan, frying pan, Dutch oven and a saute pan. A stock pot and a chef’s pan are ideal, but not necessary.

The cost of your cookware depends on the material. Copper heats the most uniformly and fastest, but is also the most expensive; thick gauge aluminum can perform almost as well at a lower cost; cast iron cooks well, but is very heavy and takes a long time to heat; stainless steel is versatile and easy to clean, but sometimes has hot spots. Non-stick surfaces on any metal usually inhibit heating. So what should you choose? Experts agree – buy the best you can afford.

Functional and fashionable faucet

What does a faucet have to do with cooking? Everything. Just think of how much time you spend at the sink, from rinsing fruits and vegetables to filling pots and washing hands and dishes. So why not update this kitchen focal point with a new functional and fashionable faucet? High-arc models with pulldown spouts are the most ideal for cooks since they allow ample room to fill or clean large pots and pans. Models with multi-function sprays are helpful when washing delicate fruits.

Once you’ve found a model with these useful features, don’t forget about style. Designer finishes, such as stainless steel will give your kitchen a professional look. And, for a designer look that maintains the beauty and brilliance of the faucet’s finish in between cleanings, try Moen‘s new Finley pulldown kitchen faucet with Spot Resist Stainless finish. This unique finish does just what it says – resists fingerprints and water spots. Moen’s Finley kitchen faucet is available at The Home Depot.

Best bowls

Whether baking, mixing or storing, you need a set of bowls. And while you may think all bowls are created equal, there are many options. The two most popular materials for mixing bowls are stainless steel and plastic. Stainless bowls are usually inexpensive, lightweight, stackable, keep food warm or cold and don’t react with food. Plastic bowls offer functional features, such as pour spouts, non-slip bases, a variety of colors and storage lids, but they also can stain or retain odors.

For the best of both worlds, try OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel bowls that mix the benefits of stainless steel with a nonskid exterior surface that makes the bowl slip resistant, even with wet hands. SurLaTable.com offers a set of three bowls – 1.5-, 3- and 5-quart sizes.

One-for-all … all-in-one

If your kitchen is like most, storage space is not always abundant. And while gadgets, such as food processors and blenders make cooking easier – there isn’t always room. When equipping your kitchen with the most useful tools that won’t rob you of storage or counter space, look for multi-function appliances.

A KitchenAid Stand Mixer is an ideal choice to get the most uses from a single product. The unique product, which is available in several colors and finishes to coordinate with your kitchen design, has a variety of attachments to give you a mixer, juicer, slicer, shredder, pasta maker, grinder, strainer and even ice cream maker, all in one small appliance.

Know your knives

No kitchen is complete without four quality knives – a chef’s knife, a paring knife, a utility knife and a serrated knife – to chop, slice and carve your meals. When purchasing these knives there are a few things to look for. Each knife should have full tangs, which means it should have metal that runs from the blade through the full length of the handle. Next, you should always hold a knife to make sure the weight is comfortable in your hands. Other items to consider are how the knife can be sharpened and cleaned and if it has a lifetime warranty. Knife sets (which are often featured in a block for storage) offer an ideal and affordable option.

With these few quality items, you’ll soon notice that your work is easier, your cleanup faster and your results better and more professional. And the best news is that each is affordable. So stop living without and make your kitchen the kitchen of your dreams.

Courtesy of ARAcontent