GE exec and Aggie alum to speak at spring commencement

The board of trustees has announced the keynote speaker for spring commencement. Dmitri Stockton, president and chief executive officer of GE Asset Management, a leading global investment firm, will deliver her speech to the spring 2012 on May 12, at the Greensboro Coliseum

The board of trustees has announced the keynote speaker for spring commencement. Dmitri Stockton, president and chief executive officer of GE Asset Management, a leading global investment firm, will deliver his speech to the spring 2012 on May 12, at the Greensboro Coliseum. The ceremony will begin at 8:30 a.m. More than 1,000 students amongst the nine schools and colleges are set to graduate this year.

As a 1986 A&T graduate, Stockton is a 25-year GE veteran and has served as president and CEO of GE Capital’s global banking unit in London and Switzerland. Currently, he serves as a senior vice president of GE Company and is a member of the company’s Corporate Executive Council. Stockton is also a member of the Pension Managers Advisory Committee, the Executive Advisory Council at A&T’s School of Business and Economics and is on the board of directors for the GE Foundation, A Better Chance and the Thurgood Marshall College Fund.

He has been selected by Savoy magazine as one of the Top 100 Most Influential Blacks in Corporate America. In the past, Stockton has been selected as one of Black Enterprise magazine’s 100 Most Powerful in Corporate America in 2009 and 75 Most Powerful on Wall Street in 2011. Stockton is also an inductee in the National Black College Hall of Fame and has been recognized by the Beta Alpha Psi honor society as the Business Information Professional of the Year in 2005 and Beta Gamma Sigma with the Business Achievement Award in 2007.

Stockton holds a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from A&T and currently lives in Raleigh, N.C., with his wife Renee and two daughters.

• Staff Report