Building your brand name through consistency

When a person walks past your store, or searches for your products online – are they going to remember you, your product – or better yet, your business name? There is a good chance they might if you consistently remind them of who you are, and what your business can do for them.

Starting out as a small business entrepreneur means getting your name out there so clients will keep coming back and giving you their business. Marketing your name and logo is a great way to promote your company.

All your business products need to consistently convey your company’s message, including your logo design. Start by developing a custom logo design – one that combines creative visual thinking with a “wow” factor. You can hire a professional designer, such as Logo Mojo by Deluxe to work with you to develop the perfect logo for your company so your business message and company name are connected and recognizable to customers.

Once you have your custom logo, make sure it’s on everything: Your paperwork, including letterhead, envelopes, business checks and order forms, as well as you employee’s e-mail signatures, product packaging, office doors and windows and even your company’s vehicles.

You’ll also want to build a business website to support your core messaging. If you’re not familiar with Web design, consider hiring a company such as aplus.net to help you design a site that will be easy for clients to use, and matches the rest of your company’s messaging. Small business owners often have a family or friend create their first website, but the common complaint with this approach is the difficulty updating their websites quickly and easily.

Providing your customers with a site that lets them know who you are, what you can provide them, and how easy it is for them to deal with your company are some of the main goals for your site. Having a site that you can update information easily is also a important factor, because it allows you to keep your customers appraised of new information about your company and your services.

As your business takes off, make sure you continue promoting your name and services through your website and logo placements to remind clients of who you are, and what you can do for them.