Aggies get rattled by FAMU at home

This past weekend, N.C. A&T’s volleyball team played hard

games but it wasn’t enough to beat Florida A&M on Nov. 4 and

Bethune Cookman on Sunday.

This past weekend, N.C. A&T’s volleyball team played hard games but it wasn’t enough to beat Florida A&M on Nov. 4 and Bethune Cookman on Sunday.

The Aggies have not had the best season but have improved from last year in hopes to become champions. This past weekend the Aggies played Florida A&M on in Corbett Sports Center. They lost both games.

“We played a very strong FAMU team that made us play out of system. We competed but did not rise to the challenge. We played inconsistently against Bethune-Cookman. They are a good team and when playing a good team you can’t make simple mistakes,” said head coach Hal Clifton.

“Jenea Daniels continues to score most of our offense points but Andrea Evans and Tatiana Cooper are starting to add to our offense side we still make too many errors,” said Coach Clifton.

“When it comes to my performance I felt like I played with a lot of heart and just came ready to play. I felt like Sunday was a great team effort. Friday’s performance didn’t show our full potential but we turned it around by Sunday and were able to fight and execute,” said sophomore Tatiana Cooper.

To improve the team Coach Clifton is implementing fundamentals and working on technique. Some think the volleyball team is in a bind. The team hascome a long way since August. They are now able to change their defense and their offense continues to grow.

This struggle will not last for long though the season is almost to a close the Lady Aggie’s volleyball team and coaches have future goals to meet.

“We will continue to build on what we’ve learned so far. We still have a lot of volleyball left to learn but we are slowly progressing. We have to understand the game a little better. We need to read better defensively and to continue to work on our first contacts both offensive and defensive. We are looking forward to getting in the weight room and getting a lot stronger,”said Clifton.

The next match will take place this Friday at Savannah state in Savannah, GA at 6 p.m.

[email protected] and follow us on Twitter @ATRegister

• Meagan Jordan, Register Reporter