Changes to The Register will blow your mind

The dawn of a new student newspaper is upon you. Starting Jan. 29, 2001, you will see a revamped and remodeled newspaper, and you’ll see it more often.The Register is moving from a bi-weekly publication to a weekly publication, giving you what you want, whether it be news, sports, or entertainment . We’re also redesigning the newspaper so not only will we read like an award-winning paper but we’ll look like one, too. It’s assured to make you, the reader, even more pleased and impressed with the publication.We thought that we’d bring in the new year with a bang. Don’t worry, we won’t get ridiculously crazy with it, but you can expect to see a new front page with stylish design, and eye-popping features. More on-campus and off-campus entertainment, more community news, and more student features are other things that will capture your interest.What The Register is trying to create is a newspaper that belongs to the students first, and the community second. We want students to have a voice in what’s being printed and what’s not being printed. We also want students to envision The Register as the best paper there is. As editor-in-chief of The Register, my staff and I share a vision. We want to be noted as the best HBCU student newspaper. Last year, Hampton University was awarded that honor, with Howard University and N.C. Central University right behind them. In order for us to be the best we need the best. We need you to help us in the revamping of our newspaper. Write letters to us, voice your opinion — you pay tuition, you deserve to be heard. The Register is an outlet for all students to vent, and to assure that the real issues are being reported. We want what you want and when you want it.I’m excited, for this is not only a great time for the staff of The Register but for all of you who read The Register. We appreciate your dedication to our paper and we want to reward you for it. The best way I know to do that is by printing a newspaper that you can take home to your family and friends to show off. I want you to brag about how good the paper looks and how we cover real issues. The Register is on a higher level and we have no choice but to keep going higher. We’ve already started taking it to a higher level by creating a website. We will continue to build the site this week and will continue to improve and update it. Now you’ll be able to look back on old issues you missed, and you’ll be able to see more entertainment, and more sports. With the Internet we are able to print as much as we like. A section of the web page is set aside especially for students to voice their opinion in a forum and regular polls.Reach out to us and we’ll ensure you the best paper A&T has ever had. We take writing personally — hey, it’s our major and it’ll probably be what we do after we leave A&T. And we take what you have to say seriously for we know that you know what matters and what doesn’t. So email us at [email protected] and later this week check out our website at www.collegepublisher.com/atregister. I along with the staff look forward to what you have to say, and the ideas you have to give to make this paper the absolute best. Thank you.