Transform your lifestyle and instill healthy habits this year

(ARA) – Most of us start off the new year by making a resolution. Some aim to shop less and save more, while many aspire to lose weight, eat right and exercise. Consider starting off this year with a guidance system in place that will help you make healthy, satisfying food choices and set you up for success.

While calorie counting has been the foundation to many weight loss plans, Weight Watchers has developed the new PointsPlus program, which goes beyond just counting calories and helps people make healthy, satisfying choices.

The new formula takes into account the energy contained in each of the components that make up calories – protein, carbohydrates, fat and fiber – and it also factors how hard the body works to process them (conversion cost) as well their respective eating satisfaction (satiety).

One challenge for many people who want to lose weight is tackling temptation. The new program does not say what you can or can’t eat but provides information, knowledge and tools to help people make healthy eating and activity decisions that are right for them. The program leaves room for indulgence, making the program livable and flexible to help ensure people do not feel deprived.

“Our new PointsPlus program is based on the latest scientific research and is designed to help guide people toward foods that are nutrient dense and highly satisfying, ensuring that they will make healthful decisions,” says Karen Miller-Kovach, chief scientific officer for Weight Watchers International, Inc. “Research shows that after following the Weight Watchers program, we have seen improvements in healthy eating habits, successful weight loss and even changes in people’s innate response to hunger and food – ultimately aiding in long-term weight loss success.”

You can set a goal to start eating and living healthier at any time. Why not make 2011 the year for the new you? Get started today by visiting weightwatchers.com for more information.