To Be or Thot To Be

Often times in college, especially at a poppin HBCU like N.C.A&T, our appearance and actions are often questioned to be classy or trashy. Now that the infamous GHOE has arrived, it’s important to know how to be avoid being labeled as a THOT. You want people to look at you as classy, not trashy.

Tip 1: (TRASHY)

Yes it is GHOE and it’s an absolute MUST that girls are on fl eek at all times. But ladies, it is possible to be “on fl eek” without revealing too much. Avoid what is often referred to as “THOT shorts”. Y’all know what I’m talking about… The pair of shorts that are cut too short that you bought one size too small so they can be extra short. Ring any bells? No? They’re the same pair that leaves half of your butt hanging out. As cute as they may be, those shorts aren’t for everyone. Know your size. It’s not cute, nor is it classy.

Tip 2: (CLASSY)

Clubs will be “LIT” and the after parties will be poppin’, so ladies consider a classy look for these nighttime festivities. I always recommend a nice, fi tted, dress midi dress because y’all know when you hear your favorite song, the twerk gods will come over you and you will want let loose. Don’t allow a dress that is too short or a shirt that is too small to prevent you from shaking it like a polaroid picture when they play your jam! We are ladies. Let’s appear as such.

Tip 3: (TRASHY)

Ladies, its ok to turn up, its GHOE! But let’s not go beyond our limits. It’s “THOTTIE” behavior to get drunk ANYWHERE in public and dance on any and every boy you see. Take a chill pill! No grown man wants a drunk girl all over him. He’s more likely trying to get the cute, sober girl’s number beside you. Guys want a chill girl that can hold their liquor and not embarrass them in public. It ain’t cute to be all over the place in public, especially during GHOE when there are eyes everywhere! You don’t want to get that text with the wide eyes emoji like, “I see you”.

Tip 4: (CLASSY)

OMG ladies, I cannot stress enough that less is more when it comes to your makeup! Keep it simple and cute. Make it look natural. It seems like y’all think the more makeup you wear, the more attention you will get and you’re right! But it won’t be good attention. You can have a beat face and look like a caked up Barbie. And these eyebrows…I know eyebrows on fl eek is a trending topic right now, but come on! Your eyebrow should not reach farther than your eye and they shouldn’t be so dark and thick that they’re only thing people see when they look at you! (Side note: Girls, your friends aren’t your friends if they don’t tell you that your eyebrows are out here looking crazy). That ain’t cute.

Be Safe. Be Cute. Be Classy. Not Trashy. Be A Hottie. Not A Thottie. ENJOY GHOE!!

Cornesha Rajah – Reporter

– Email Cornesha at rajahc3@yahoo. com and follow hwe on instagram @ royal Rajah