NFL Pre-season prediction: Redskins picked to win NFC East

One of the most highly anticipated seasons of the year is quickly approaching. 

With last season being very unpredictable, this season is only bound to get better.  

Fans are already predicting who will win the XLVIII Championship ring considering the 2013 Super Bowl Champions have lost many key players  including Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and Anquan Boldin. 

With these loses, will The Ravens be able to live up to Super Bowl expectations?

Sports analysts predict that the Cincinnati Bengals are prepared to challenge opponents, as they enter the season with a talented roster.  

Are the Bengals prepared to defeat the 2013 Champions?

The Ravens are not favored to win the AFC North, but it is likely that they will earn a wildcard spot. Even with this wildcard spot, the Ravens most likely will not win two consecutive titles. 

With the Bengals on a come up, the Pittsburgh Steelers are on a decline in the AFC North. They are three years removed from a Super Bowl appearance. 

The Cleveland Browns will determine if the Steelers will make it to the playoffs again. Some analysts even predict them to be last in the division.

Robert Griffin III has captivated the Washington D.C. and surrounding area, Skins Nation and the entire NFL. The Redskins camp reports that he is almost ready to make an incredible comeback. 

If Griffin III remains healthy, the Redskins are predicted to have a great season. With the lack of consistency from the Dallas Cowboys and New York Giants, and the Philadelphia Eagles having a new coach, the Skins may win the division. 

Second year quarterbacks along with Colin Kaepernick are also topics of the offseason discussion. 

Analysts wonder if there will be any sophomore slumps, or possible championship contenders? 

Andrew Luck is expected to have another great season, along with improvements from Ryan Tannehill and Brandon Weeden. 

The NFC West may be the best division this year with Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick leading the way. Fans should keep a close eye on the Arizona Cardinals as they are making a comeback. 

With Carson Palmer, Larry Fitzgerald and an amazing defense heading the team, the Cardinals may make a run in the playoffs.  

For the NFC, my number one and two seeds will be the San Francisco and Atlanta Falcons. Three and four seeds will be the Washington Redskins and Green Bay Packers. 

My wildcard teams are the Seattle Seahawks and Detroit Lions. I think Coach Jim Schwartz will get them on the right track to have a season like they had in 2011 and not a repeat of last year. 

For the AFC, my number one and two seeds will be the Denver Broncos and Houston Texans, and three and four will be the Cincinnati Bengals and New England Patriots. 

My wildcard teams in the AFC will be Miami Dolphins and Baltimore Ravens.

As for Super Bowl picks, I will save that for a later article because you never know what can happen. Injuries and controversial calls can make or break a team’s season. I think this season will be one of the NFL’s most memorable seasons yet.

—Email Jerrell at [email protected] and follow him on Twitter @DapperJ

• Jerrell Leeper