What are the advantages of an organizational degree?

For someone seeking a business-related degree, choosing which type to pursue isn’t always the simplest choice. But if you’re looking for a degree that will give you plenty of flexibility as you pursue a career in the business world, in government or with a nonprofit organization, an organizational degree may be your ticket to a fruitful career.

While degrees in management or business administration are popular undergraduate paths, organizational degrees offer the flexibility of being relevant to almost all careers. Organizational degrees focus on the human side of business relationships, teaching students how to work with other individuals to solve problems and implement changes.

Schools offer different types of organizational degrees, which are an increasingly popular online degree option. For example, Lubbock Christian University offers two programs – a Bachelor of Science in Organizational Management and a Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership – in which students can enroll in accelerated programs that can be completed in 12 to 24 months. In these programs, students receive instruction in small virtual classes and are encouraged to network with one another, similar to many graduate programs.

Bachelor’s in Organizational Management

All types of organizational degrees focus on the human side of business. But these types of programs also focus on the nuts-and-bolts subjects that give students a comprehensive understanding of how business works, such as economics, statistics, marketing and finance.

Students who study for a bachelor’s in organizational management learn how to use and implement systems and processes that can help a business or organization run smoothly. Such a degree can be useful both in government and nonprofit jobs, as well as in many areas of industry and entrepreneurship.

Bachelor’s in Organizational Leadership

While a degree in organizational management is more process-oriented and technical, a degree in organizational leadership deals mostly with how to relate to people. Organizational leadership students should expect to learn how to manage and inspire coworkers to most effectively carry out their organization’s mission.

Students in this field should learn how to manage change and work with coworkers to accomplish new initiatives. Such degrees can be particularly valuable in fields such as human resources and training and development.

If you consider understanding people and inspiring others to be your strengths, an organizational degree can help you put those skills to good use in the professional world.