A&T students show widespread support after election results are released

America continues to move forward after President Obama’s re-election.

Last Tuesday, Governor Mitt Romney and President Barack Obama supporters waited anxiously for electoral votes from every state to be tallied.

In the early stages, Obama supporters were concerned with Romney’s considerable lead.

That is until polls came in from the west coast. After Obama won the state of California, Romney’s chances took a strong decline.  

Obama finished with 332 electoral votes, 62 votes over the amount needed to be president.

Romney sat in disbelief, as he gained only 206 electoral votes.

Even after it was clear that it was impossible for Romney to win, he chose to stall as long as he could before conceding defeat.

Immediately after it was announced that Obama would serve another term as the President of the United States, the campus of A&T flooded with supporters.

Throughout campus, students did everything from yelling to diving into the Aggie Village Fountain.

It was an amazing sight to see so many individuals come together to celebrate such a historic event.

The numbers continued to grow as more and more students came out to prove that their votes counted and that their voices were heard.

The gleam in the eyes of students manifested a rather strong sense of relief realizing many of them would be able to continue their journey at N.C. A&T State University.

The hype was so aggressive that University Police Officers had to block off campus in efforts to control the masses.

Millions of individuals were granted the opportunity to witness the start of the second chapter in a book of resiliency.

Obama has shattered racial barriers beyond common belief.

He has done what millions of people said would never happen.

He has made the impossible happen twice, both in convincing fashion.

Some called it pure “luck” that Obama was elected the first time, but after winning a second time, it is clear that history always repeats itself.

• Charles Davis, Contributor