Los Cabos: Authentic Flavors and Zesty Vibes

Los Cabos is a family owned Mexican Grill located at 948 Walker Ave.

The restaurant is situated directly in front of the Walker Ave. and Tate St. intersection.

There is a spiral stairwell entrance for people who walk to the restaurant and ample parking space for drivers.

The scenery is extremely calming and serene.

The restaurant is decorated with rich colors such as beiges and burgundy’s and is dimly lit; there is also a lot of natural light pouring in through the windows and patio area.

The restaurant is decorated with sombreros and Mexican pictures, which gives it a very authentic feel.

Alex Rodriguez, the manager, is very pleasant and informative in answering all questions.

Alex informed me of the steady traffic flow the restaurant received from UNCG students.

“We get a lot of reservations from students for the patio area. It’s a very popular space and it seats about 60 people,” she said.

The restaurant is divided into 3 sections: a casual eating section, a private section, and the patio section.

I chose to dine in the patio section.

The patio is painted a relaxing ocean blue with electric blue floors.

There are about three flat screen televisions as well as a jukebox and glass doors, which is opened during warm, summer nights.

The restaurant has weekly specials that run until 3 pm each day.

They also have student night every Tuesday, which includes $1 tacos. Students receive 10% off when they present college I.D. on regular days.

The servers are extremely friendly and made sure I enjoyed my meal and that my every need was accommodated.

To begin, I was served chips, salsa, and queso blanco and about three minutes later, the entrée arrived.

The chips were crunchy and the salsa had a great flavor with a fresh, zesty kick.

The main course was Spanish rice drizzled in queso blanco, covered with grilled chicken pieces, and served with warm flour tortillas.

The word “awesome” would be an understatement in describing the meal.

The rice was fresh, not rubbery as I have tasted in some restaurants.

The warm white cheese was evenly distributed and did not drench the rice.

The chicken was seasoned well and grilled to perfection.

It was sizzling hot and obviously fresh off the grill.

I was eager to get other opinions so I spoke with a few patrons who were dining around me.

A group of female professors praised, “the food is awesome!

“We work right at UNCG so we walk over here practically every other day and we really enjoy it.”

Courtney Maxwell, a postal worker who was there on her lunch break stated, “The food is great every time I come.

I love the friendly service.

This is definitely the best Mexican restaurant I’ve ever been to.”

While visiting, I meet the owner Rudy.

He was nice, friendly, and invited me to take pictures of the kitchen, which was surprisingly clean.

Overall this was a great place to eat.

The service was awesome, the location was clean and convenient, and the food was extravagant.

I would definitely recommend it!

Email us at [email protected]. Follow us on Twitter @TheATRegister

• Monique Brown, Contributor