Tips for promoting your new business

You’ve started a new business – something you’ve dreamed of doing for years. Finally the financing has come through, you have your product or service all ready for customers, you have a home base location set up and your company’s website has been created and launched.

Now what?

It’s time to start marketing your company so customers know who you are, where you’re located and what you’re selling. Having a website isn’t enough. You need to get traffic there.

If you plan to sell products online so you can expand your customer base from just your hometown, your website will need a secure way to handle purchases. Make sure your site can also handle coupon codes, discount options, shipping charges and provide customers with a printable page receipt.

Now that you have the site ready for traffic, start communicating with your customers – both personally and digitally. Gather information from customers and potential customers so you can send out a business e-mail marketing notice promoting sales, special coupons, new products or services, etc. A great e-mail marketing program is EasyContact by Deluxe, which allows you to create, send and track e-mail campaigns with ease. This is a good way to keep your products and services at the top of your customers’ minds, and encourage them to look into new options you are offering as well.

In addition to contacting customers digitally, you also may want to put your products and services in front of them at home and work. Print marketing allows you to promote your company name with cards, door hangers, calendars, brochures, letterhead, business cards and even presentation folders.

Make sure your company name, logo, website address and contact information is highlighted on all print marketing you do. Brand recognition is the best way to get repeat customer business.

Starting a new business is a tough venture, but marketing your company online and throughout your community will be a great way to get your name and information out in front of customers.