Students dissatisfied with Dowdy Building

As the students at North Carolina A&T State University we feel that the quality of customer service and organization at the Dowdy building could be greatly improved.  

A wide range of concerns from students spanned from not being properly informed of important deadlines to conflicts with unpredictable personalities in customer service.

It seems that problems and questions directed towards the Dowdy administration are rarely solved without struggle and confusion.  

A&T student Brandon Rodgerseneralized his Dowdy experience in the phrase “Aggie Shuffle.”

Freshman Rachel Johnson says that she received a notice of important papers that needed to be signed “a week later” than they were due.

She is “behind on everything” as a result. 

A&T student Donald McMillan, claims that, in his situation, “things could have been handled quicker”, describing his experience as both “a blessing and a headache”.

Waiting lines in Dowdy have been known to cover long distances and phone services often place callers on hold for virtually forever.  

A&T senior Justin Keitt, who spends his summers away from Greensboro, can definitely relate to McMillan’s blessing-headache analogy.

Keitt says, “I had to keep coming back up here all the way from home to make sure my stuff was straight rather than call or check online like it’s supposed to be done”  

A visibly angered Keitt continued by offereing a few of his own solutions to the problems in the Dowdy building.  

“Dowdy needs a bigger facility to hire more help, because right now everything is so jumbled in there and everybody is so packed together I don’t think they have enough room to hire more people but, if they had a whole floor to themselves they can get people in and out faster”.  

“It depends on the time of year”, said another student when asked about his view of customer service in Dowdy. 

When asked about organization, the student quickly responded saying, “they’re not very organized”. 

It is simple, students deserve the upmost respect from administrators and their affairs should be addressed in a timely manner with a reasonable level of organization.   

Such changes will create a more thorough and enjoyable experience for all who attend A & T. 

[email protected] 

and follow him on Twitter

@thekreport

• Kalyn Hoyle & Jamilah Sheppard, Opinion Editor & Contributor