Seven Aggies honored

The N.C. A&T Aggies football team finished up their 2000 football season with an 8-3 record and had seven players named to the All-MEAC team. The Aggies were led on the All-MEAC team by their brilliant running back Maurice Hicks. Hicks rushed for 1,487 yards and 15 touchdowns. Both are school records. Fellow Aggies joining Hicks on the first team were senior center Victor Marte’ and senior guard Anthony Nobles. Both were a huge part of the Aggies offensive success this season and Hicks’ breakout year. The Aggies selected to second team All-MEAC were senior guard Chris Kinloch, placekicker Darren Dawkins, senior linebacker B.J. Little and senior linebacker Ray Massey. Kinloch had a great year on the line for the Aggies. Dawkins was key as he connected on 13 of 22 field goals this season helping the Aggies. Linebackers B.J. Little and Ray Massey anchored the defense as they both recorded over 70 tackles on the season. Little also ranked third in the MEAC with eight sacks and Massey added six sacks. Six of the seven Aggies named to the All-MEAC team are seniors. The top accolades are:Coach of the Year: DSU, Ben BlacknallOffensive Player of the Year: DSU, QB Rahsaan MatthewsDefensive Player of the Year: Howard,

DL Tracy WhiteOffensive Lineman of the Year: FAMU, G Freddie MooreRookie of the Year: FAMU, K Juan Vasquez