Father’s Day gift ideas for any dad

(ARA) – Yes, Mad Men has ushered in a new era for the tie and its accessories, but that doesn’t mean the dad in your life needs a gift that reminds him of work. This Father’s Day, forget the usual standby gifts and give him something to escape from his nine-to-five. Here are three gift ideas that will be sure to make you a Father’s Day hero.

For the snacking dad

Is your dad a cruncher of chips, a nosher of nuts or chronic consumer of candy? This year, instead of feeding his sweet tooth, feed his meat tooth with the gift of the perfect snack: Jack Link’s Beef Jerky. Naturally high in protein and low in fat, calories and carbs, when it comes to snacking, Jack Link’s jerky will fill your dad up, without filling him out.

Unlike some jerky snacks, Jack Link’s uses only the finest slices of 100 percent beef and the flavorful seasonings that men can’t seem to get enough of. Perfect for the gym, at work, in the car or at the ballgame, these snack favorites will win your dad’s heart – and stomach – this year:

* The Original: Jack Link’s Original Beef Jerky

* The Savory: Jack Link’s Teriyaki Beef Steak Nuggets

* The Steakhouse: Jack Link’s Steakhouse Recipe Beef Steak

With more than 100 snacks to choose from in a variety of flavors and styles, there’s a snack perfect for every dad. You can find Jack Link’s in grocery stores, mass retailers, convenience and drug stores nationwide. With this gift, dad’s satisfaction is in the bag. (Suggested retail price: $5.99)

For the angling addict

If catching a lunker is on dad’s weekend to-do list, then he’ll enjoy the new Clackin’ Minnow from Rapala. Awarded the prestigious Field & Stream Best of the Best Award in the lure category for 2011, the Clackin’ Minnow features a single stainless steel ball that transmits a loud cadence rattle that fish not only hear, but feel, as the lure produces vibrations through the water. Shaped just like a minnow, the Clackin’ Minnow is designed for long casting and, on the retrieve, emits a hard-flashing action that will have dad reeling in fish after fish. Give dad this lure for Father’s Day and he’ll have a “clackin” good time all year.

(Suggested retail price: $13.99)

For the gadget guy

Whether your dad is more Inspector Gadget or James Bond, every man loves his techie tools. This Father’s Day, make your dad the envy of his friends with the Schlage LiNK System, the easy-to-install wireless home automation system that will give him total remote control of the house.

No matter where he is – whether it be the office, on business travel, hitting the links or in the middle of a fishing trip – the Schlage LiNK System allows dad to use his smartphone to lock and unlock the doors, change the temperature of the house when paired with a Trane Remote Energy Thermostat, turn lights on and off, and more. Schlage LiNK can even send him text messages to notify him when family members have made their way home.

Schlage LiNK is available online and at select retailers, as well as through Amazon.com. The Schlage LiNK wireless lock is available in three finishes: bright brass, satin nickel and aged bronze. For more information, visit link.schlage.com. ($299 for starter kit, $8.99 monthly subscription)