Brandy’s big comeback

After a four year hiatus, Brandy’s sixth studio album, “Two Eleven,” has many saying that it’s the R&B diva’s greatest comeback.  

After hearing that her work has been the best yet earlier this year, fans rushed to computers to purchase the album.

We must say, Brandy is standing front and center looking like the 1996 singer we once knew, minus the “Moesha” braids.

The title of her sixth album, “Two Eleven,” refers to the singer’s birthday and the death of her mentor, Whitney Houston.

This concise album comes with sleek, modern songs that Brandy, now 33, can call hers and hers alone.

Norwood, opens her album with an up tempo ballad singing “Never in my Wildest Dreams.”

Many would deem this song as a personal love letter to her boyfriend, Ryan Presson.

Brandy serenades her listeners, with famous low, register harmonies, and vibratos of blissful love.  

Sounding like past albums, Brandy sings for approval.  

On “ Slow Down” and “Slower,” she shows a her vulnerable side without major bass singing how it is never too late to love.  

The album also shows a more current Brandy with “Let Me Go,” and her hit single “Put It Down” featuring Chris Brown.

These fast tempo, modern songs are major club bangers that will be played repeatedly on the radio.

Brandy ends her album just the way she came in luring you in with soft love songs like “Scared Of Beautiful,” “Wish Your Love Away” and Paint This House.”

Brandy’s album leaves listeners with joy and yearning for love.

The 90’s were a great time for music and Brandy revives this period wanting listeners to pop in SWV.

Even with great vocals, her album does not amount to the classic “Have You Ever.”

One thing is for sure, it is a great attempt to recreate a time where music was at its best.

[email protected] and follow us on Twitter at @ATRegister

• Victori Taylor & Deryck Nicholson, Contributors