Are Aruba vacations in the summer a smart bargain?

Aruba is known worldwide as a tropical paradise where you can kick back and enjoy the beauty of the ocean and its natural surroundings. Since it’s a great destination for couples and families alike, the cold winter months in North America make for a busy tourist season in Aruba. But what if you’re a traveler who wants a bargain? Is looking for Aruba vacations during the off-season months a strategic move or one that could leave you disappointed?

During low season, Aruba hotels slash their prices from 20 to 50 percent, making planning a vacation on a tighter budget a real possibility. The off season for travelers visiting Aruba is roughly between mid April and mid November. Some hotels offer seasonal discounts into December, but it varies depending on the hotel’s policy. The summer months can be a great time to scoop up a good deal, and since this time of year coincides with student summer vacation in the United States and holiday in Europe, many people decide this is the right time to visit Aruba.

Planning a vacation to the Caribbean in the summer is often a risk due to hurricane season. While hurricanes and tropical systems can hit Aruba, generally the risk in much less than other locations. Why? Aruba lies south of the hurricane belt so the island often only gets mild weather changes. That being said, it is still wise to watch the weather predictions before your vacation and purchase vacation insurance for peace of mind.

Temperatures in Aruba are not really a concern because they do not vary extensively. You can generally expect warm, sunny and breezy days on your trip no matter what time of year you choose to travel. The summer months tend to be pretty stable in regards to pleasant weather. One month that is hotter by several degrees is September, so if heat is an issue for you, choose to travel earlier or later in the season. The rainy season hits October through December, but often involves showers during the evenings with days full of clear skies.

When researching your trip, you might want to look at flights to Aruba to determine the airlines’ schedules. Typically flights are scaled back during slower months and you may have to travel on specific days of the week. Your flying flexibility can pay off big time if you plan ahead because you might find discounts on flights you would never find during peak season.

If you’re looking to have a great Aruba vacation on a budget, traveling during the low season just might be the way to go. With a little research and strategic booking on sites like Travelocity.com, you’ll have a wonderful time in paradise for a lot less.