SUAB hosts 2nd annual ‘Soled Out’

The Student University Activities Board in association with Entourage Entertainment presented the 2nd annual sneaker gallery, Soled Out Jan. 12th in Stallings Ballroom.

“Basically it is an art gallery, but instead of paintings there are shoes,” said senior journalism and mass communications major and marketing chair for SUAB, Rob Hill.

This year’s event was a repeat of last year’s premiere of the sneaker gallery when SUAB’s marketing chair, Chris Martin brought the event to A&T’s campus. “Everyone loved it last year and they wanted to do this again so I took it upon myself to bring it back,” stated Hill.

Stallings Ballroom was filled with tables of shoe collections with different name brands and many colors from various students on campus.

“Soled Out was a success. Its dope that SUAB is in-tune with the sneaker culture enough to expose it to the campus. Being a sneaker head is more than a hobby,” said senior double major in marketing and business management from Caroline County, VA, LaQuan Stevens.

Along with the masses of shoes, some tables were collections of a variety of fitted hats.

Throughout the event Verge Modeling Troupe performed a runway showcasing the shoes of the collectors present at the event. Along with the gallery, live painting was taken place from students who are apart of The Art Circle.

“Not only were there just shoes for guys, but there were shoes for females as well,” said sophomore psychology major, Johnika Golden.

For this being the first event for SUAB for the new year, they plan to calm things down. “We are going to bring it down a little bit we have karaoke night but our major stuff will be happening when it gets hot outside,” said Hill.

• Erik Veal