‘Tis the season to be in LOVE

It is the season of loving, teddy bears, and heart-shaped

candies. Valentine’s Day is next week, but it is never too early to

start planning the perfect day and/or weekend for your special

someone.

It is the season of loving, teddy bears, and heart-shaped candies. Valentine’s Day is next week, but it is never too early to start planning the perfect day and/or weekend for your special someone.

Since this holiday comes around every year, it can be a challenge thinking of new, creative ideas for the lover’s day. Do not overthink this day though, keep it simple and make it about the significant other. Remember, this day does not just have to cater to those in a relationship; make this day about your friends, family or just yourself.

If you are in a relationship, the ideas that never fail are treating each other to a couple’s massage. This allows both of you to relax, get pampered and also keep that intimate feel between you.

Another idea is staying in for dinner and making a romantic dinner for the two of you. This is the time to make it special, with making his or her favorite meal, have candles scattered around the room, and just focus on each other. Do not forget to top the night off with a sweet dessert. This holiday is all about going that little step further than you would on any other day.

If you are single, or you just do not celebrate the holiday, spend time with your friends. Go to the movies, go bowling, if you are of age go to a bar and just spend quality time with those who make you laugh. This day does not have to be about depressing moments of remembering the past, this is a day to celebrate any love that is in your life.

If you want to spend the day alone, be your own Valentine. Treat yourself to a massage or a day of pampering. Or do something you never thought you would.

No matter if you spend the day alone, with friends or with that special person, make V-Day a day of smiles and laughs; that is what love should do for you.

14 dont’s for Valentine’s Day:

1. Do not redbox it

2. Do not make excuses 

3. Do not take them to Lovers and Friends as the date

4. Do not give recycled gifts from your ex

5. Do not sing if you can’t sing, dance if you can’t dance, cook if you can’t cook

6. Do not flex

7. Do not take them to your dormroom

8. Do not let them find a dollar tree receipt

9. Do not get your ideas from Twitter

10. Do not get the side joint a gift

11. Do not give elementary school valentines

12. Do not fake it to make it

13. Do not use old tricks

14. Do not forget it’s Valentine’s Day even on a Tuesday!!!!!!

[email protected] and follow us on Twitter @TheATRegister

• Ashley Vaughn, Scene Editor