Reaching Back to the Past with E. Gwynn Dancers

The E. Gwynn Dancers of North Carolina A&T State University will be hosting a spring dance concert entitled, “Sankofa: Reaching Back to the Past,” April 9th at 7:30 p.m. in Harrison Auditorium.

The E. Gwynn Dancers will take you back to African and Caribbean dancing as these energetic and skilled performers dance with power, elevating audiences as they entertain. The driving rhythms of the drums, vibrant costumes and emotional performance allow audiences to truly connect with other cultures.

The spring concert, will feature a musical performance by Victor Trent Cook of Cook, Dixon and Young formerly the “Three Mo’ Tenors.” Victor Trent Cook is a native of Brooklyn, New York who begun his career in his home church, “The House of David.”

Upon discovery of his talent in the Brooklyn Boys Chorus School of Musical Training, he was promoted from training choir to concert choir.

Cook traveled throughout the United States and Rome singing for the Pope.

Along with singing for the Pope, Cook also performed at The White House, Carnegie Hall, Avery Fisher Hall, Boston Symphony Hall and John F. Kennedy Center.

This event will excite and educate you with the different styles of African and Caribbean dance and Victor Trent Cook gracing Harrison Auditorium Apr. 9 during the “Sankofa” spring dance concert.

Tickets for the dance concert are $20 for patrons, $10 for general admission and $5 for children, students, and seniors.

• Jonathan Veal