No Love but all Hip hop on Joe Budden

Just when it seems everyone has given up on listening to rap, Joe Budden gives hip hop another chance. Budden has returned with his critically acclaimed studio album “No Love Lost.”

It has been three years since Budden has worked on his own album. He has been putting out music with Eminem and their rap group Slaughterhouse. Budden, known for publicizing his love for woman and romance, shows none of that on his latest project.

The New Jersey native, and now reality TV star, brings nothing but fire on his new album, collaborating with Kirko Bangz, Lil Wayne, Juicy J, Wiz Khalifa and fellow Slaughterhouse members Crooked I and Joell Ortiz. The album consists of 17 songs.

Now a rap game veteran, Budden starts “No Love Lost” off an intro titled “Our First Again.” The track speaks on fixing a broken relationship while knowing he will walk away if it does not work out.  

He then transitions to a high tempo track called “Top of the World” featuring Kirko Bangz.  He dives straight in with gritty lyrical content and explosive word play as Kirko Bangz sings the hook.

The album then goes into songs such as “NBA” featuring French Montana and “All in my Head” featuring Royce Da 5’9 and Kobe.

Budden concludes the album with a track called “She Don’t Put it Down Remix” which is the remix to the number three song on his album. The song features Twista, Fabulous, and Tank.

Budden has just announced via twitter that he will be going on tour which will be titled “The Second First Impression” later this year. “No Love Lost” brings energy, lyricism, and an attitude that the rap game has been missing. Budden’s second album lets listeners know tells why they should know him for more than just  “Love and Hip Hop.”

• By: Tierra Anderson