Easy steps to get your business online

Most business owners know that developing an online presence is important these days. But not all business owners have made the leap, and many of those who haven’t are probably thinking that getting their businesses online is a lot of work that’s far beyond their levels of expertise.

The good news is that to get online today, you don’t need to be a tech expert. There are a lot of affordable programs and tech service providers out there that can help you get your website off the ground. You can even find a small business marketing program that can do all the heavy lifting when it comes to establishing an online presence.

Once you’re on the Web, there are all kinds of things you can do to promote your business, but the important thing is getting online in the first place. Here are a few simple steps that can help get your business online.

* Develop a website. Don’t worry if you don’t have it in the budget for a fancy website with all the bells and whistles. You simply need to establish a website that will help potential customers find out about your business, and learn a little more about what you have to offer. Web design firms offer everything from basic packages at affordable prices to more comprehensive packages that might be more relevant as your business expands.

* Set up a business email account. You may already have an email account that deals with business matters, but having an account that uses your new Web domain will make your business appear more professional and relevant. Once you have everything up and running, send email marketing messages to customers to inform them of your new website and other business news.

* Once you’ve established your website, search for online business directories that feature businesses in your area and field of expertise, and update your listing accordingly including your new web address. Creating pages on social media websites like Facebook and Twitter is also a good – and free – way to help your customers find you and stay updated about what’s going on at your business.

Getting your business online may be easier and less costly than you think. And in today’s world you’re likely costing yourself more money by not having a website. If you’re thinking about bringing your business in to the 21st Century, there’s no better time than now.