A&T alums return to star in ‘Mad at Miles’ production

The original run of “Mad at Miles” took place last year at Triad Stage in downtown Greensboro, and the three A&T graduates that made up the cast bring the powerful play to campus.

Jamila Curry, a recent A&T theater department graduate, discussed how she felt about performing the play in front of Pearl Cleage, who has not seen the new interpretation by Bradby.

“We don’t even know if she is going to like it because this is the first time that she has seen it. She could really like it and want it to continue and take to bigger ands better place. On the other hand, she could hate it and tell us that she doesn’t want us to keep doing it.”

Tennelle Foust, an A&T theater department graduate, discussed her first post-grad performance in the newly renovated Paul Robeson Theater.

“Coming back to A&T and performing in the new theater is a great honor and privilege for me. I am excited to be back here and be able to give back to the department that I am from.”

Tanisha Fordham, a recent graduate and Miss A&T 2008-2009, said that it is a blessing to be involved and she feels connected to the play and the campus.

“I feel like I am still a student but it is a blessing to be able to help the viewers through the message of the play.”

• laporsha lowry