Hall of Fame sponsors golf tournament

North Carolina A&T State University Sports Hall of Famer presents its 6th Annual Golf Tournament, Friday, September 7 at 8 a.m.

The golf tournament will be held at the Crooked Tree Golf Course, located at 7665 Caber Road., in Browns Summit, N.C. Onsite registration is at 7 a.m.

“We are extremely excited about, this year’s tournament, said Hall of Famers Richard Lide and Vern Stallings, coordinators of the event.

This activity gives the Hall of Famers and others an opportunity to showcase their golfing skills, fellowship and reminisce about the good old days at N.C. A&T.

More than 100 golfers are expected to participate in the tournament. Women will play from the red tees and men from white or senior tees.

There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place winners, longest drive (men and women) and closest to the pen (men and women) Par 3, and a whole in one gift. Hall of famers sponsors are, Caffney, Crosshairs, Community Helps Network, Mercedes Benz of Greensboro, Patriot Services, Southeast Fuels, Canteen, McDonald’s and Bill Black Chevrolet Cadillac, Inc.

Proceeds from the tournament will benefit the N.C. A&T Athletic Scholarship Program.

For additional information contact: Richard Lide, (336)-451-1840; Vern Stallings, (336)-697-9682; and Ralph Brown, (336)-681-7714.

• University relations, Contributor