Aggies fall to the Bulldogs

The N.C. A&T Aggies (3-1, 1-1) loss to the S.C. State Bulldogs (4-2, 2-2) 29-24 in the 25th annual Atlanta Football Classic in the Georgia Dome on Saturday. 

The Aggies fate was confirmed when they failed to comeback after falling behind 29-17 midway through the 4th quarter.  

A&T head coach Rod Broadway said after the game that “we’re obviously still quite not that good enough because we weren’t able to get a win today.”  

A&T had plenty of opportunities to take advantage in this game, but were unable to secure and maintain the lead.  

In a defensive played ball game, special teams that proved crucial to the outcome.

An A&T blocked punt for a safety by S.C. State’s Darius Drummond ended up cutting the deficit to 16-17 for the Bulldogs.  

On the ensuing drive, S.C. State took a 19-17 advantage on a successful field goal and never gave the lead back for the rest of the game.  

Broadway expressed frustrations stating “we’re going to keep knocking at the freaking door until we get through it.” 

A&T quarterback Lewis Kindle finished 14-for-30 for 130 yards and a touchdown, but he failed to deliver on the final drive. 

S.C. State’s quarterback Richard Cue was 17-for-28 for 236 yards and 2 touchdowns, including a 65-yard connection with to Tyler McDonald that put nail in the coffin. 

A&T will play Hampton (0-5, 0-1) for their homecoming on Oct. 12 and hope to have a solid performance in order to avenge this loss.

• Jerrell Leeper, Contributor