Beyoncé lovers should not Bow Down after contraversial song

Beyoncé’s new single “Bow Down” has generated mixed reviews. With conflicting sounds and wailing voices in the background, I must say that I am not a fan of this one.

First of all, the voice over used at the conclusion of the song is creepy and unbecoming of “Queen Bey.” Beyoncé is also at the level where she does not need to give a shout out everyone in her music entourage. Everyone in the music industry knows who has and has not worked with Beyonce.

I do not have a name for what exactly the strategy or plan is, but it seems like Beyoncé is trying to prove to the world that she can be everything fans want her to be at once. It looks as if she is on a mission to prove something to us, but she is already dominating the music industry.

Think about it, she proved how great of a performer she was at the SuperBowl halftime show. After all, she did cause a power outage. She proved that she can be vulnerable and that she had fears in her documentary “Life is But A Dream.” She has also proven that she can be classy and sophisticated by performing at Obama’s second inauguration. Even if she did lip-sync, the world knew that she would have sounded exactly the same.

However, “Bow Down” makes her sound too earthly and vulgar. I truly do not understand the purpose of releasing this song. Perhaps she wanted her fans to know how good she is at everything. The song is not catchy enough to be a club banger or a radio hit.

Furthermore, half of the world does not believe this is her song. The most significant factor is whether or not you can comprehend what she is saying. Can you understand the lyrics? It is ok, neither can I.

The world is already bowing down to Beyoncé and her long list of accomplishments. She appears to have a great relationship, a happy family, and an amazing career.

This song offends fans and makes them reconsider who they are looking for as positive role model. The Beyoncé of Destiny’s Child was never so self-centered and cocky. Who runs the world? At one point her answer was girls. Sadly, at this point it seems like Beyoncé is saying forget about the others, just bow down to her.

Beyoncé, we know you are talented and have money as well as fame, but we do not need a reminder. Sorry H-Town and Bey, but when it comes to this single I am far from impressed. If this song came from someone else, I think a lot of people would feel the same way.

-Email us at theatregister @gmail.com and follow The A&T Register on Twitter @TheATRegister

• Briana Mcfadgen, Contributor