BGMM marches in 86th Annual Macy’s Parade

The Blue and Gold Marching Machine participated in the 86th Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade.

N.C. A&T students, faculty and alumni are very proud as they all watched the Blue and Gold Marching Machine make history as they participated in the 86th Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade this morning. Many Aggies woke up early this morning and tuned in to NBC to watch the televised parade. Starting at 9 a.m. many fellow Aggies tweeted their anticipation of seeing BGMM on TV.

@KeshawnTyrik tweeted, “Im already up and ready for #NCATnNYC #BGMM to show out.” Other Aggies, @MsCLasSYcOOP tweeted, “Does your school trend like this??? I don’t think so… Let’s go Aggies #NCATnNYC #BGMM,” and attached a photo of the trending topics from this morning.

With so much tweeting from BGMM supporters, #NCATnNYC and #BGMM was trending worldwide before the band was even spotlighted on the parade’s green mat. As the ribbon was cut to start the parade off, the first band in the line-up was Blue and Gold Marching Machine. As A&T performs, NBC

commentators stated, “the mighty North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University Marching Machine to be exact, they rehearse five hours a day, five days a week and is led by Dr. Kenneth Ruff.” The band played a Harold Square Melody for the crowd.

A&T alum tweeted their pride and excitement after the band finished their minute and a half performance nationwide.

@MadameMonarch tweeted in response to a friend, “NC A&T Aggies. I’m a proud alum” and @Christy5Q tweeted, “I almost cried. Proud A&T alum an BGMM member 93-97 #NCATnNYC.”

Shortly after the performance was over, the video of the Blue and Gold Marching Machine was posted on youtube. For more coverage of the Blue and Gold Marching Machine in New York City, you can follow @TheATRegister and @disismshood on Twitter as well as going to journeytotheunexpected.tumblr.com for all photos, videos and more.

• Erik Veal and Courtney Matthews, Editor-in-Chief and Asst. Online Editor