Valentine’s Day Guide

The Gift Center

Of course with every date come wonderful gifts. Your pockets do not have to suffer when it comes to gifts either. Here are a couple of great gifts that will bring a smile to your date’s face and save a couple of dollars for you:

•    The Homemade Coupon Book- Strapped for cash? Show your care by making a Valentine’s Coupon Book. Your coupons can range from romantic to silly.

•    I Love You Wish Response Bear- Christie’s Hallmark in Friendly Shopping offers this cuddly friend as a Valentine’s Day gift for $14.95 with the purchase of three 99-cent cards. The bear responds to your voice saying, “I love you” in five different responses. Your date, your mother and any other friend you decide to give a card to will love you. You can kill multiple stones with this package and everyone will be happy.

•    Gift Baskets- Once again Walmart is the reigning champ of Valentine’s Day gifts. They offer a range of gift baskets starting at $9. They also offer tall mugs with stuffed animals for only $5. Walmart offers Valentine massage oil sets for $9.

•    The Chocolates Center- Walmart has a variety chocolates ranging in price from $1 up to $20.  They offer truffles, turtles, traditional chocolates and variety packages. Dollar Tree also has a variety of small chocolate boxes for a $1.

•    The Flower Center- Walmart’s roses start at $10, tulip pots for $6, mixed bouquets for $10 and mum bouquets for $5. If you want to give her flowers that will last a lifetime, try their artificial light-up singing rose for only $2.50 or their basic artificial rose for $1. You can even purchase artificial rose petals for $2 and create a romantic pathway. Then you can go the extra mile by cleaning up the petals.

Dining on a budget:

Finally you need to find places to dine that will fill your stomachs and hearts without leaving spider webs in your pockets. Here are some restaurants with great prices and deals for this holiday season:

•    Applebee’s- Applebee’s still has its two for $20 deal going on. You get to choose one appetizer and two entrees for $20.  Applebee’s has two locations in Greensboro, 3200 Battleground Ave. and 4406 W. Wendover Ave.

•    T.G.I. Friday’s- T.G.I. Friday’s is offering a starter, entrée and dessert deal for only $12.99 per person. Their Greensboro location is located at 4423 W. Wendover Ave.

•    KABUTO Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar- KABUTO’s is offering a special on sushi; buy one get one half off and also for their dinner menu two for $30. Kabuto’s is located at 1617 Stanley Rd., Greensboro, N.C.

•    Mimi’s Café- Mimi’s Café is offering a Valentine’s Day special of dinner for two for only $25.99. The package includes an appetizer, two entrees, and dessert. Mimi’s Café is located at 3322 W. Friendly Ave., Greensboro, N.C.

•    Carrabba’s Italian Grill- Try going to this Italian restaurant with a menu where everything is under $25, except drinks of course. Carrabba’s is located at 3200 High Point Rd., Greensboro, N.C.

• Ashley Reid