Aggies seek revenge in Baltimore

The North Carolina A&T Aggies (5-3, 2-3) will look to extend their winning streak to three games in Baltimore, Md. against the Morgan State University Bears (3-6, 3-2).

A&T defeated the Virginia University of Lynchburg Dragons 59-12 last Saturday in front of 21,500 fans in Aggie Stadium.

Freshman running back Tarik Cohen finished Saturday with 130 rushing yards and a touchdown.  Cohen was one of five Aggies who finished the day with a rushing touchdown.

Cohen, who replaced redshirt senior Dominique Drake as the starter earlier in the season, is currently averaging 92.5 yards per game to go along with five touchdowns.

Senior running back Ricky Lewis finished with two touchdowns in his final homecoming wearing the blue and gold.  

Senior quarterback Lewis Kindle commanded the offense to the tune of 17-for-23 for 229 yards and a touchdown.

Kindle opened the game with passing touchdowns on A&T’s second and third drives of the game.  He has seven passing touchdowns and five interceptions so far this season.  

Desmond Lawrence and Darren Bullock have been his main targets through eight games.  Lawrence has 30 receptions while Bullock has 23.

Darren Bullock hauled in five receptions for 59 yards and a touchdown, while Lawrence caught a single pass for 13 yards.  

A&T finished with 452 total yards of total offense, converted seven for eleven third downs, and scored on eight of nine red-zone opportunities.  

A&T’s offense is posting 26.2 points per game compared to the 18.4 points the defense is surrendering to opponents.  

Linebacker Brian Houston finished with eight tackles on the night, bringing his season total to 63.  

All-American cornerback D’vonte Graham and Ayodeji Olatoye both had interceptions bringing their season totals to two a peice.  

All-American linebacker D’vonte Grant finished with five total tackles and three recovered fumbles.  

The Morgan State University Bears are coming off of a 30-27 win against the Hampton Pirates last Saturday.

MSU defeated Hampton with a late touchdown run, despite building a 23-7 third quarter lead.  

The two teams combined for 972 yards of total offense.  

The Bears are averaging 20.67 points per game compared to 31.11 points surrendered by their defense.  

Quarterback Robert Council and running back Lamont Brown combined for 172 of the Bears 228 rushing yards on the night.  

Brown is averaging 60 rushing yards per game and has three touchdowns on the ground this season.  

Backup quarterback Seth Higgins is averaging 40 rush yards per game and has four rushing touchdowns on the season.  

Council is averaging 41 yards per game and has three rushing touchdowns on the season.  

Council, who delivered a game-winning pass on the final play of regulation in 2012 against A&T last year, finished 20-for-27 with 287 yards and a touchdown against Hampton.  

True freshman receiver Antonio Jefferson had his best game of the season against Hampton with six receptions for 140 yards.  

Redshirt freshman receiver Thomas Martin also chipped in catching six passes for 73 yards.  

Junior linebacker Cody Acker finished with ten tackles bringing his season total to 75.

Deshaun Summers intercepted a pass against Hampton bringing his season total to three, which leads all MSU players.  

The Aggies loss to the Bears 21-18 in 2012, giving up a 32-yard touchdown pass from Council to Andrew King with only 10 seconds left at Aggie Stadium last year.   

The Aggies will be hungry for revenge on Saturday as they square off for the next installment of this classic matchup.

—Email Kalyn at [email protected] and follow us on Twitter @ATRegister

• Kalyn Hoyle, Managing Editor