Top 5 ways to use e-mail marketing

As a business owner, you’re inevitably looking for marketing methods that can reach a lot of people and increase sales, but don’t break the bank. When used correctly, e-mail marketing can accomplish those goals.

Whether you are new to the world of e-mail marketing, or have been using it for years, here are five ways you can use it to increase awareness about your business and drive sales, courtesy of Easy Contact, a provider of business e-mail marketing products:

1. Keep in touch to increase sales conversations. Studies indicate that prospective clients need up to nine “touches,” or encounters with a business, before making a buying decision. E-mail marketing is one easy way to increase that exposure. Through a simple signup box on your website, or a signup sheet in your store, you can capture potential customers’ e-mail addresses and keep in touch with them until they are ready to buy.

2. Generate repeat sales. As most business owners know, acquiring new customers is more expensive and difficult than selling to an existing customer. E-mail can help you keep in touch with existing customers and make them aware of special offers to encourage repeat purchases.

3. Cross-sell your products. E-mail programs such as those offered by Easy Contact allow you to time your messages so that you can follow up with clients with offers related to items they have just purchased. For example, by creating a “This Week’s New Customers” list, and using one of Easy Contact’s e-mail plans, you can quickly and easily reconnect with a recent customer and give them another reason to buy. This provides a great opportunity to catch customers while they’re in the mood to buy.

4. Gain feedback from customers. Since it doesn’t take the effort of a phone call or a visit, e-mail provides an easy way for your customers to offer feedback. One option would be to send out a questionnaire and offer those whose complete the survey exclusive access to a sale or another special offer.

5. Draw your customers to your store. Through e-mail promotions, seasonal announcements or simply providing your business hours and address, your efforts can attract more people to your business.

Few marketing methods provide the efficiency and effectiveness of e-mail marketing. By using these tips, you’ll make sure your message is that much more meaningful to your customers, and your business.