Spartans and Aggies compete for No. 1

After losing to Howard in overtime last week, the Ag¬gies will

head to Norfolk State to take on the Spartans to de-termine who

will be the No. 1 ranked team in the MEAC.

After losing to Howard in overtime last week, the Ag¬gies will head to Norfolk State to take on the Spartans to de-termine who will be the No. 1 ranked team in the MEAC.

A&T and Norfolk State are currently the top two teams in the conference, with NSU sitting on the throne as No.1 with the the Aggies only a half-game behind them.

A&T will travel yet again to play in their opponent’s homecoming. This will also be the second road game in a series of four consecutive road games for the Aggies.

This first place show down could turn out to be a battle of the quarterbacks.

Norfolk State’s Chris Wal¬ley and A&T’s Lewis Kindle are the two top rated quar¬terbacks in the conference. So far his season, Walley has completed an impressive 70 percent of his passes, thrown 11 touchdown passes, and just three interceptions, while Kin¬dle has completed 57 percent of his passes, 12 TD passes, and seven interceptions.

In last year’s matchup, NSU came out on top and the Spartans’ defense held stand¬out running back Mike May¬hew to only 21 yards rushing.

However, this season, the Aggies have the better de¬fense. Walley and the rest of the Spartans’ offense will have to go up against the the No.1 defense in the conference, and Kindle and company will face the No. 2 defense.

Amongst the record and placing confusion in the MEAC, one of the these two teams will go home ranked No. 1, while the other will go on to next week’s game with two consecutive conference losses and could possibly be ranked, at best, No. 5 in the conference.

[email protected] and follow her on Twitter @KayRob_

• Karmen Robinson, Sports Editor