Lady Aggies looking to end Bisons streak

Tonight, the Lady Aggies will travel to Washington, D.C. to face the conference leading Howard Lady Bisons in a midseason MEAC match up. The Lady Aggies are still reeling from a heartbreaking 73-71 defeat at the hands of Norfolk State, while the Lady Bison are riding high on a four game winning streak. In order for the Lady Aggies to win this game they must hold on to possession of the ball. This year, the Lady Aggies averages 27.6 turnovers per game and an anemic 0.4 assist to turnover ratio. When the Lady Aggies lost to UNC-G on Jan. 17, turnovers played a big part in their demise. During the game, the Lady Aggies turned over the ball 23 times and the Lady Spartans capitalized on the mistakes. On several occasions this season, the Lady Aggies lost games that they could have won, if it was not for their numerous turnovers. The Lady Aggies should also turn in a brilliant defensive effort to shut down the Lady Bison’s scoring threat of freshman center, Andrea Gardner and Guards Channell Washington and Essence Coggins. The three combine to average 45 points per game. The Lady Aggies must stop them to have a chance. Winning the battle of the boards will be another key to the Lady Aggies winning the game. This season, the Lady Aggies are rebounding well with 42.5 boards per game, while Howard averages 41.6 rebounds. If they could rebound well tonight, the Lady Aggies will be competitive in the game. Speaking of being competitive, the Lady Aggies were just that during the few games they have played leading up to this one. Before the defeat by Norfolk State, the Lady Aggies led by seven points in their recent game against Hampton. In the second half, the Lady Pirates scored 12 unanswered points as the Lady Pirates went on to defeat the Lady Aggies 73-62. Next week, the Lady Aggies will host Delaware State and go on a two game road trip to face the Lady Rattlers of Florida A&M and the Bethune Cookman Lady Wildcats.