Duval, Hart, bring smiles and laughs to thousands of Aggies

Early Tuesday night, rain poured with no signs of slowing down, locals and aggie nation enjoyed a night of laughter to start the week’s homecoming festivities off in the right direction. 

The crowds began to gather later than anticipated but quickly after 7 p.m. reserved seating became a thing of the past. Just before 8 p.m. Radio Personality B. Daht got the crowd involved with a couple mixes that got everyone out of their seats.

First up on stage was Atlanta’s own Lil Duval whose calm and nonchalant demeanor had the crowd gasping for air and falling out of their chairs with tears running in both eyes. His story telling ability had the crowd amused and puzzled with his vivid impersonations of rapper’s lyrics from T- Pain to Lil Boosie.

“He had me weak,” said junior Carlos Evans. “I got my money worth.”

Duval’s descriptions of some of the audience hairstyles and fashion sense made the audience nervous negotiating with the camera operator’s not to shine the light on them, showing the audience he wasn’t afraid to make fun of himself.

“I was looking at the light every time he pointed,” said senior Azikeweh Hall.

Next to arrive was the most anticipated of the group, comedian Kevin Hart. He hit the stage with a bundle of energy elaborating on the struggles of family life and relationship status. Telling the audience about his son’s rants and why he constantly disapproves of his actions. Hart then spoke to the female audience about their emotions and males’ way of behavior causing the arena to burst into tears with his impersonations. The arena hung on his every word like bible scriptures laughing and giggling, with no signs of containment causing every student in relationships to gaze at their significant others.

Hart wouldn’t stop there going into detail about his gangster uncle, and how the tandem are worlds apart making the audience erupt impersonating Hart’s voices as if it were their own uncle’s.

Last but most definitely not least was Arnez J. who made sure that the unfortunate audience members who couldn’t find seats got their money’s worth and enjoyed the show as much as the front row.

His storylines and racial depictions put the crowd at their last stand, weak to the knees with their entire faces in their shirt tops, playing oldies for the men and woman who fell in and out of love then capping it off with his world famous old man dance regime.

The comedy show in general, according to the audience, was better and should only be a prelude for what’s expected of the greatest homecoming on earth.

• Carlton Brown