Victims in muti-car accident identified

Recent news according to News & Record, the three victims

who died in the multi-car accident on Nov. 11 on Interstate 85 in

southeast Virginia have been identified. Bus carrying students of

NC A&T were involved in the accident.

Recent news according to News & Record, the three victims who died in the multi-car accident on Nov. 11 on Interstate 85 in southeast Virginia have been identified. Bus carrying students of NC A&T were involved in the accident.

A&T student organization, National Association of Black Engineers (NSBE) was on their way to an annual fall conference in Baltimore, MD. The accident involved, the tour bus of students, a pickup truck and a trailer carrying logs. The bus driver, Malverse Vanloan of Greensboro, 56, was charged with reckless driving.

The victims in the pickup truck that died at the scene include Brandy N. Richey, 25; her husband, James A. Richey, 40; and her father-in-law, James P. Richey, 66, according to Virginia State Police.

Their bodies were transported to the Office of Chief Medical Examiners Office in Richmond to be identified.

The fourth passenger, Brandy’s sister, Rhonda M. Meeks, 27, of Castle Hayne, was treated and released from VCU Medical Center.

Vanloan has an arraignment date for January 26, 2012, in the Dinwiddie County General District Court were state police is in process of consultation to review the case and if other charges will be filed.

• Erik Veal, Online Editor