Lets Be Real: The Thirst Theory

The Thirst is Real

It’s getting repetitive and old, but the THIRST is real out here!!! At times I wonder if there is enough H2O to quench everyone’s thirst.

This is the season when bikers come down the strip, boys around campus want to help freshmen females move-in, and females begin to show everything their mama gave them.

We often accuse freshmen of being the thirstiest, but many upperclassmen act and dress the same exact way.

Autumn Conaway, a senior biomedical engineering student from Burlington, New Jersey, stated, “the thirst is at an all time high, especially in the beginning of the school year. Everyone has his or her brand new clothes on and is just looking for something new.”

Some people fail to understand their new “boo thang” will most likely be gone in a couple days or weeks due to football games, schoolwork, homecoming, or any other extracurricular activities. It’s hardly ever a permanent thing, but they will learn quickly. 

Here is some clarification for readers who may not fully understand what the term “thirst” means.

Bandeaus and bras are undergarments and should not be worn as shirts, particularly when attending classes on a college campus.

“Clappa shorts,” shorts cut sohigh they leave the lower part of your behind exposed, should not be worn to class either.

Cropped shirts are not for everyone. 

Painted on skirts and dressesshould be saved for Thursday nights at allure. 

Leggings that show the color of your underwear or belly fat need to go.

Are you trying to impress someone? Or do you think these clothes look good on you? 

Ladies, you do not have to show everything to get a guy’s attention.  Keep him guessing. The guys you attract when dressing in the above attire have little to no genuine interest in you as a person.They are looking for something quick and easy. You will most likely never become “wifey” when dressing so inappropriately to class. Truthfully, half the men approaching you either do not attend A&T or are struggling to get out.

Based on how you’re dressed now, why would he even think about bringing you to his mother?  

Guys expect females around campus to dress and act desperate. Raquan Cotton, a junior accounting student from Upper Marlboro, Maryland, stated, “I don’t see anything wrong with the thirst, especially from the freshmen. I expected that.”

Ladies, specifically freshmen, stay classy. Men like a challenge and see potential in a female that every other guy doesn’t have a comment about. 

At A&T we talk and word spreads quickly. Don’t be a name that will go down in the books. 

And some of you men need to get it together as well. Most girls do not want to see you yelling from the passenger side, calling them “shawty,” wearing grills and riding around in these Fruit Loops cars blasting Juicy J. 

Ultimately, the way you choose to dress is your prerogative. You go girl! If you wish to show excessive amounts of skin on a regular basis, that is perfectly fine. Just don’t be surprised when approached in a disrespectful manner by a guy or act confused when he approaches the next female respectfully. She probably just had enough common decency to actually put some clothes on before walking out the house that morning.

The thirst is real.  Let’s do better Aggies.

[email protected] 

and follow her on Twitter

@classy_nell

• Janell Mcmillon, Senior Reporter