Shop Blvssom Makes A Splash on Campus

Back to Article
Back to Article

Shop Blvssom Makes A Splash on Campus

Brittany Van Pelt

Victoria Harris, a sophomore Fashion Merchandising and Design student, has self-established two businesses earlier this year that have expanded across the state. Natural Blvssom and Blvsty are the results of Harris’ eagerness to create an operation that is all her own.  

Harris’ first venture, Natural Blvssom Skin Care, launched in January. The idea was created from a need to be in charge of her own business. She was initially inspired by the skin care industry and the lack of diversity of natural product in stores. She believes that “skin care is something that everyone uses on a daily basis so why not make a business out of it.”

Harris creates all her products. She sells three different types of crèmes that are made up of different ingredients.

The Original Creme consists of Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Sweet Almond Oil and Vitamin E.

The Suga Scrub uses Jojoba oil, Lemon and Brown Sugar. It’s best used for taking away dead skin. The Shimmer Crème is made up of Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, and Vitamin E. The crème not only leaves the skin soft but a hint of glow on the face as well. Each ingredient is carefully selected to help enhance and moisturize each part of the body that it is used on.

“It [products] are handmade and her effort shows. It’s natural and it works very well with skin conditions,” said sophomore Secondary English Education student, Jasmine Hunter.

Harris’ second business, Blvsty, a custom clothing brand, combines her love for both business and fashion. She can make any item that a client requests. Harris uses her brand to promote versatility. She believes that body confidence can be promoted regardless of age, gender or size. Custom orders can be sent to Harris’ personal email with the subject line as “custom order request.” Additional information and pricing should be submitted 48 hours after the request.

All orders are shipped on Tuesdays and Thursdays with 2-4 days travel before delivery. There is a mandatory $10 non-refundable deposit. All payments are submitted through PayPal or CashApp.

Harris has received high-praises from students across campus on her professionalism when it comes to selling her products.

“Students should shop with Victoria not only because she is black-owned, but because she puts in the work to sell products that are affordable and high quality,” said sophomore Business Management student, Akeya Garrett.

Harris is a supporter and promoter of students launching their own businesses. She believes that anyone with an idea and passion can make their dreams come true with diligence and dedication.

“I would tell student entrepreneurs to learn how to pace themselves. You’re in school for a reason and that is to get your education. If you’re able to learn how to balance school and a business, I would say go for it,” said Fashion Merchandising and Design student, Victoria Harris.

Follow Harris and her business on Instagram at @naturalblvssom and @blvsty.

For more information and order inquiries, visit, http://shopblvssom.bigcartel.com or email [email protected]