SUAB hosts international food night

Aggies enjoyed the Student University Activities (SUAB) Board’s

annual International Food Night in Memorial Student Union’s Exhibit

Hall on Monday. At 6 p.m., students received entry boarding passes

for SUAB Airlines on a flight around the world.

Aggies enjoyed the Student University Activities (SUAB) Board’s annual International Food Night in Memorial Student Union’s Exhibit Hall on Monday. At 6 p.m., students received entry boarding passes for SUAB Airlines on a flight around the world.

Among the many places represented at International Food Night were Thailand, India, Kenya, Brazil, Greece, Mexico, Japan, Italy, and last but not least, America. This year’s event was themed around an airline tour where each country represented a stop on the tour. Students received flyers upon entering that resembled airline tickets which described International Food Night. Students worked the event passing out food and drinks while other students dressed as flight attendants and greeted people at the door.

“It was fun to see how many people actually came out and tasting all the different foods was interesting,” said Alysha Williams, sophomore social work major from Jacksonville, Florida. Dozens of Aggies attended International Food Night which included foods such as traditional Thai tea, Nairobi beef, baklava, sushi, tacos, cupcakes, Guarana drinks and mozzarella sticks. Each country represented offered several different food items for tasting.

Kawanna Foster, senior nursing major from Brooklyn, New York who is also the president of SUAB described International Food Night as a cultural affair necessary to expose all students to different cultures.

“The reason for the cultural affair is to bring cultural experiences to the campus and to students. We have a lot of international students on campus and what we started doing last year was working with the International and Study Abroad office so that way those students could incorporate some of their ideas into International Food Night. It’s basically just a fun event and what better way to let students experience the culture than food.”

[email protected] and follow us on Twitter

@ATRegister

• Kamilah Blackston, Contributor