The Dating Game

S.U.A.B. hosted its 2nd annual “Dating Game” program in Stallings Ballroom 0n Aug 23. The “Dating Game” allows bachelors and bachelorettes to ask or answer questions without being able to see the prospects on the other side of the curtain. Dj Weatherman cranked out popular tunes as the Aggie audience grew larger.

N.C. A&T alumni and MC for the evening, Darren Brand, amused the crowd as contestants made their way to the stage.

The first contestant was junior public relations major, Courtney Young. She started off asking the bachelors to describe themselves in three words. The bachelors’ replies were typical except one who replied that he was “turnt up.” Young finished her questions by asking their theme song. When the time came for her to chose her bachelor, the crowd screamed for her to choose contestant number two, but she opted for number three, Keon Mitchell, who said his theme song was, “I like big butts and I can not lie.”

The next contestant Malik Mckinnon, junior computer science major, had a special variety of bachelorettes to choose from, one of which was Miss A&T.  Mckinnon asked the bachelorettes a total of three questions and ultimately bypassed Miss A&T to choose contestant number three.

The crowd remained entertained with the music and Darren Brand’s comedic narration. There was also a lot of feedback about the event on twitter because S.U.A.B. designated the hashtag “DatingGame” as the trending topic for the evening. 

The final bachelorette gave her guys a hard time. She wanted quick answers to her questions and was not afraid to let them know if their answers were insufficient.  She finally asked the bachelors to make a 2 Chains inspired rhyme, and contestant number three stole the show and her heart with his rhyme ending in “two for twenty, Applebee’s.”

The night was full of comedy and great music. There was even two dance contests for #GHOE comedy show tickets that had everyone laughing when one guy won after attempting to break dance. There was time for mingling during the five-minute intermission and also a time to give a moment of silence tribute to the fallen Aggie, Jawuan Trotter.

Jerica Brown, senior, English major said, “it was very entertaining to say the least!”

• Asst. Online Editor