ORG FAIR 2022 RECAP

Aggies welcome to the 2022 spring semester! 

In an effort to get students active on campus, student-leaders from multiple campus organizations gathered in Deese Ballroom for the Spring 2022 Organization Fair.

Students from all classifications were invited to explore engaging opportunities to connect with organizations associated with their major, community, and interests. 

Some of the organizations in attendance were: the National Black Law Student Association (NBLSA) chapter, Aggies Debate, Black Girls Rock! and 100 Collegiate Women. 

Each student organization had a table and visual for students to interact with. Some tables had candy for students to take. Others had pens, wristbands and notebooks.

Atop the tables were sign-up sheets, that required a students name and email address for email updates for activities like: full body meetings, community service opportunities and internships.

Many student organizations had QR codes accessible for students to scan and follow the organizations on social media. 

The visuals present at each table included past photos of the organization’s members serving the community, bonding at events  and accomplishments.

Among the student-leaders present to represent their organization, Tamyah Johnson, sophomore, Political Science student from Anderson, SC, was in attendance to represent the National Black Law Student Association (NBLSA) chapter and explore the other student organizations. 

“The Org Fair was a stellar representation of how talented, well-rounded and diverse Aggies are. We really DO!” Johnson said. 

Also in attendance was sophomore, Architectural Engineering student from West Columbia, SC, Kye Walker. 

“The organization fair was a great way to get a taste of what A&T has to offer, from student-led organizations to organizations under specific departments. No matter the scope, they all provide space for students to meet new people. I’m glad I went to this event, especially because I have my own organization called “Campus Entrepreneurs,” Walker said. “But regardless, I was able to network and connect with people and organizations that I would not have met otherwise. Furthermore, joining an organization will put you on the path to potential internships or even job offers, so there is no downside.”

If you missed out, and are interested in finding out more about student organizations on campus, you can still explore the mentioned organizations and more, by visiting the 1891 Connect website. It is the main hub for all campus-wide organizations. Feel free to also follow @ncatsga on Instagram to see when similar events, like the Organization Fair are coming up.