Immortals is the movie to beat

The much anticipated movie, “Immortals” was released Nov. 11.

The producers “300” brought this movie to theatres.

The much anticipated movie, “Immortals” was released Nov. 11. The producers “300” brought this movie to theatres.

Actor Henry Cavill, who will be starring as Superman in “Man of Steel,” debuting 2013, plays the main character, Theseus. The movie also stars Freida Pinto as the virgin oracle, Phaedra. Pinto is most known for playing Latika in the Oscar-winning movie “Slumdog Millionaire.” Other actors starring in “Immortals” are Mickey Rourke as King Hyperion, John Hurt as elderly Zeus, Luke Evans as young Zeus, Kellan Lutz as Poseidon, and Isabel Lucas as Athena.Theseus and his mother are peasants treated horribly by their town. The only person he respects is an old man, Zeus, that teaches him how to fight. Zeus prepares him for the day that someone will try to let the Titans lose because gods cannot interfere in human affairs. Theseus struggles because he has no faith in the gods and will only fight for the people important to him. He will soon have to stand with his town because King Hyperion is trying to release the Titans who will take over the world. In order for him to do that, he must find the Bow of Epirus and the virgin oracle, Phaedra, is the only one who can figure out where it is.

After Hyperion kills his mother, Theseus and Phaedra escape the king’s wrath and return to his homeland to bury his mother. In the tomb, he finds the bow, which later ends in Hyperion’s hands.

Will he unleash the Titans? If he does, will Theseus and his town defeat them? Not only that, but will the gods defeat the Titans if they are released?

This movie is very action packed and has a great story line. From the beginning, the movie entertains with drama and fight scenes. “Immortal” contains a lot of blood, sword fighting and super human moments that can leave a person amazed.

Ladies, this is one movie guys should see with his male friends. If a person does not like action movies with a lot of killing and fighting, they should not see it.

Overall, this movie deserved a B+. It would have been great to see more of the god’s fighting with the Titans. This movie is now showing at all movie theatres in Greensboro.

-email Necole at [email protected] and follow us on Twitter @ATRegister

• Necole Jackson, Register Reporter