Say goodbye to party under-indulgence this holiday season

(ARA) – As the holiday parties fill up your calendar this season, keep an eye out for the party goer who may not be spreading the holiday cheer – no, not the guy holding mistletoe above his head – look out for the ever-present “under-indulger.”

The under-indulger is the hesitant guest who grazes over the crudite and refuses the stuffed mushrooms because she indulged too much at last week’s holiday party. This season, you can give your holiday party a facelift, take action and rescue the under-indulgers with guidance from a partnership between Pepto-Bismol and actor Ken Jeong.

“Under-indulgent tummies are as dead as a condemned disco club,” says Jeong, viral video phenom and actor known for his roles in NBC’s “Community,” “The Hangover,” and “Knocked Up.” “Enjoying your holiday parties includes enjoying various meats and treats. Normal indulging is fine and if you occasionally overdo it, Pepto has you covered.”

Jeong and Pepto-Bismol are seeking to increase awareness about this common buzzkill at all holiday parties and help cover those who do choose to indulge in holiday party food and drink. Keep in mind their tips on how you can liberate under-indulgers this holiday season:

* To locate the offender, avert your eyes from the buffet. Under-indulgers often lurk at the edge of a party, avoiding all contact with fun food and drink.

* Grab a plate of the most delectable goodies and prepare to present it to the under-indulger. Just don’t forget to soften the blow with a multitude of compliments. (Try: My, that’s a festive sweater! or, Are those real jingle bells?)

* After that first bite goes down and a smile creeps over his face, you know you’ve succeeded. Now support your new indulgent friend and help him enjoy.

* Hug it out. Celebrate your friend’s return to the land of indulgence with song and dance. And if you need it, reach for the pink stuff – Pepto’s got you covered for any of your holiday overindulgences. (Use as directed.)

Show your support for the holiday season and pledge to rescue the under-indulgers. Once they realize what they’ve been missing, they’ll never go back to the denying themselves of holiday food and drink. Holiday parties will never be the same again and everyone will be better for it. For more information on the campaign to eradicate under-indulgence go to www.facebook.com/peptobismol.