Innovative ways to sell your car

Perhaps you’re ready to upgrade to a newer car or simply no longer need your car. Whatever the case, selling a car can be a challenge.

What is the best way to sell a car? It’s time to put some creativity to the test.

You need to make sure people know that you have a car for sale. So make signs, take a video of the car and post the information wherever you can. Use online car selling companies, or YouTube and mention your sale with a video post on your Twitter page, Facebook account or even your personal blog.

To give your video and used car photos the best selling techniques, make sure the car is parked in a sunny, open location with no shadows.

For video, find a location that is quiet, so other sounds don’t distract the listener from your narration about your car. Be sure to give important details about the make, model, year, mileage and – if it will help sell your vehicle – the gas mileage. Also try to keep the video to two minutes or shorter, because otherwise you’ll lose the attention of your prospective buyer. Finally, tape several different versions, so you can pick the best one to post with your “car for sale” notices.

When selling your car, be sure to park your car in high traffic areas – the mall, your town’s main street, at the grocery store – with a “for sale” sign in the window along with a telephone number to call. Just make sure you don’t go against any parking restrictions while you’re advertising your car for sale.

Do your research and know your product. While this tip doesn’t have anything to do with creatively promoting your car, it will help you give your car value. Get an estimated market value through Kelley Blue Book, and know the key points that will make your car attractive to potential buyers: i.e. gas mileage, engine power, four wheel drive, low road noise, extra large trunk, full-sized spare tire, etc.

With good notices posted and sound knowledge of a fair price, you should be able to attract qualified potential buyers who might be ready to make an offer on your car, and put money in your pocket.