Make your home appliance updates a local investment

(ARA) – The warmer months are the biggest moving time for Americans, according to Moving.com. With low housing prices continuing and the recent first-time homebuyers credit that ended in June, plenty of Americans will be unpacking boxes in new homes this summer and fall.

Often, when a new family moves in, they update many of the appliances in the home – to make it more stylish and efficient for their use.

The warmer weather seasons are also a popular time for homeowners wanting to do a little home renovation. Improving on energy savings is another reason kitchens, bathrooms and home electronics are being replaced and upgraded.

According to Remodeling Magazine’s Cost vs. Value Report, bathroom and kitchen remodels are two of the top four home improvement projects that show the greatest return on resale value. And even if you just moved into your new home, resale opportunities should always be a thought in the back of your mind, in case you ever need to relocate due to a job change.

One way to find top brand appliances, or tools and lawn and garden equipment in your local community is at Sears Hometown Stores, Sears Home Appliance Showroom or Sears Appliance and Hardware stores, found in over 1130 locations across the country. Over 1000 of these locations are independently owned and operated or franchise operated, so you know that any purchases you make invest directly back into your own community.

Shopping locally means purchasing products made in your community, or if that isn’t possible, purchasing products sold by a local retailer.

A reason to purchase locally is that you’re reinvesting in your community, and therefore benefiting yourself twice by purchasing quality goods and keeping your hard-earned dollars working for other services you may use in your community. You can find lawn and garden equipment, home appliances, tools, HDTV’s, mattresses and fitness equipment at these stores.

Courtesy of ARAcontent