Gospel choir first event to sell out for homecoming

With the main headlining

event being the concert at the Greensboro Coliseum, it is very

unlikely for that location to sell out of tickets. However, the

events that are being hosted on campus, will most likely sell out,

if they haven’t already.

Homecoming is around the corner, and ever since the announcements were made of who was set to perform, people have been racing to the bookstore to buy their tickets. With the main headlining event being the concert at the Greensboro Coliseum, it is very unlikely for that location to sell out of tickets. However, the events that are being hosted on campus, will most likely sell out, if they haven’t already.

The first event to sell out is the Gospel concert, which is headlined by the popular gospel duo Mary Mary. This may come to a surprise to many students, because in the past years students don’t rush to the bookstore for this particular event. Instead, people crowd the doors for the concert, comedy show, and step show.

This should be confirmation to the Vice President of External Affairs, Chris Wade, that he has done a good job putting together this homecoming line-up, especially for the gospel concert. The start of day Monday, the bookstore still had 150 tickets available to buy, but by 5pm those tickets were gone. Wade was more than elated with the news of the event selling out, saying, “I’m ecstatic the Gospel Show tickets sold out so early. This is the first gospel show that has sold out two weeks before homecoming in years.”

Since there are many students and families who missed out on tickets, Wade is weighing out his options to a solution. As a possible solution Wade has asked students, their friends and families to email him at [email protected] showing their extreme interest in still wanting to attend the event. If Wade receives enough emails, then there is a possibility that the Gospel Concert will be moved to Corbett Gymnasium.

If this is done, then more tickets will be sold, allowing more students to enjoy the event. Wade speaks shows how he is thinking of a solution to this problem with saying; “right now we are exploring all options and looking for a solution in the best interest of the students and the university.”

So, if you waited to buy your tickets because you thought the tickets would never sell out, make up for your procrastination with sending Wade emails asking for a bigger venue. Consider this is another lesson learned to never procrastinate in college, even when buying tickets for homecoming. 

• Ashley Vaughn,Scene Editor